Whether you’re staying in St. Andrews or heading home for reading week, it’s easy to become a couch potato. But instead of binging Netflix and sleeping until the afternoon here’s some ideas about the best ways to fill your week off.
You don’t have to be the next Mary Berry or Paul Hollywood to explore new recipes and sweet treats! Why not try and perfect a new recipe?
Here are some classic recipes to enjoy…
Or if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, why not try…
- REVAMP YOUR C.V.
You never know when you’re going to need an up to date C.V. but it’s always a good idea to have one ready to go! If you don’t know where to start you can contact the University Careers Centre at…
But otherwise, here are some online resources that can help…
- EXPLORE THE FIFE COASTAL ROUTE
If you are stuck in St Andrews over break, take advantage of one of the most beautiful parts of the UK. The Fife Coastal Route has so much to offer!
- Grab lunch at the famous Anstruther Fish Bar
- Explore the Kingsbarns Distillery and try some samples of their gin and whiskey!
- Take a trip to the Isle of May to see some puffins!
- Visit Craigtoun Country Park!
- Wander around the Botanical Gardens (it’s free with a Student ID!)
- VOLUNTEER IN YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY
St. Andrews has great opportunities to help you give back to the community!
If you are interested in these opportunities and would like more information on how to get involved visit…
Reading week is about looking after yourself so catch-up on readings and lectures, meet up with family and friends and spend some time thinking about you!
And if you do decide to binge some Netflix- all the Shrek movies are on there. You’re welcome.